When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
If you missed Alaska Airlines’ great fall fare sale last week, here’s another chance to jump on cheap airfare, this time to Mexico.
The airline just announced a new flight sale for travel to and from Mexico, with select one-way fares for up to 30% off. Save money flying to eight destinations that Alaska serves in Mexico: Cancún, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Loreto, Los Cabos, Manzanillo, Mazatlán, Puerto Vallarta, and Guadalajara.
The sale runs through August 14 for travel dates between September 7, 2021 and February 9, 2022, making this a great way to plan ahead for a warm winter getaway. Just know that blackout dates apply between November 18-29, 2021, and December 15, 2021-January 4, 2022.
Additionally, certain days of the week, such as weekends, are only discounted up to 10%.
Here’s when you’ll find the best deals for Mexico flights:
- Save 30% on economy flights to Mexico on Sundays through Wednesdays
- Save 30% on economy flights from Mexico on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Save 10% on economy flights on all other days of the week.
Here’s how to book:
- Go to Alaska’s booking form and enter your departure and arrival destinations and desired dates of travel.
- Use the discount code “HOLAMEXICO” in the discount code field and click “Find flights” to see your search results.
Just know that most of the cheapest prices are a Saver Fare, which restricts your seat choice. Additionally, if you want to fly nonstop, the deals are limited and pretty exclusive for travel to and from the west coast. The majority of flights also need a connection through Los Angeles.
Here’s where you can find cheap flights to Mexico:
- $87 Los Angeles-Los Cabos
- $102 Los Angeles-Puerto Vallarta
- $119 San Diego-Los Cabos
- $125 Los Angeles-Cancun
- $139 San Francisco-Puerto Vallarta